Short course towards NAATI certification test Certified Provisonal Interpreter
Foundations in Translating and Interpreting
This course covers the competencies required to build glossaries, apply the code of ethics, and prepare to work and manage discourse in interpreting and translating assignments, with particular focus on intercultural issues and understanding. The course prepares candidates to sit for the NAATI interpreting certification test and lays the foundations for progress to the full PSP50916 Diploma of Interpreting (LOTE-English).
Units of Competency:
- PSPTIS001 Apply codes and standards to ethical practice
- PSPTIS002 Build glossaries for translating and interpreting assignments
- PSPTIS003 Prepare to translate and interpret
- PSPTIS042 Manage discourses in general settings
Domestic students who wish to sit for the NAATI interpreting certification test for Certified Provisional Interpreter in any language stream.
- Minimum of 18 years of age;
- Completed Year 12;
- IELTS Band 6.0 level or equivalent.
Amount of Training:
The class contact hours is 70 hours over a period of 10 or 13 weeks.
Application for the January closes on 24th of January 2020.
Please go to Events under News for details of upcoming information session, workshop or other activities.